Is your business prepared for disaster?
As the spring season begins, North Carolina is prone to storms and potential tornadoes. With these types of weather events, comes damage and wind, water and mold damage are just a couple things that can disrupt your business.
Did you know that over 50% of businesses who are affected by a disaster may not recover? That’s HALF, and the number one reason a business DOES survive is because they have a plan in place for when a disaster does strike.
SERVPRO of Wayne County is here to help your business be prepared for any type of disaster by creating an Emergency Readiness Plan (ERP) for your business. By developing an ERP, you can reduce interruptions because you will have an action plan if and when disaster strikes. Knowing what expect and do is key to minimizing how fire, water and mold can affect your business.
What’s in an Emergency Readiness Plan (ERP)?
- A list of priority contact information for the business
- A list of personnel, their contact information and responsibilities after the disaster
- Building details such as where are the breaker boxes, floor plans, shut off valves and any other items that may need immediate attention
- A file containing critical information that would be needed in the event of an emergency such as username and passwords to office equipment, file servers, bank accounts, etc.
- A list of external groups that could be available to assist you and your business
- And finally, a plan to help you get back on site, and then back to work
For more information on how to put together an Emergency Readiness Plan for your business, call SERVPRO of Wayne County and one of our trained professionals can help you.